Monday, December 3, 2012

"As I Walk These Broken Roads" is the must read book of the year

I wanted to mention to all my friends and fans out there, if you are looking for a great gift idea this upcoming holiday season, be sure to order from Amazon.com As I Walk These Broken Roads by D.M.J. Aurini. I recently reviewed his book and personally rated it the must read book of 2012.

The story takes place in a post-apocalyptic future ravaged by nuclear war and without giving away any spoilers, it's a tale of civilized men trying to survive in an uncivilized world full of degenerates and helpless fools. It is at its core a clever allegory for our modern day Western civilization where value, knowledge and passion have been "nuked" by the culture wars and a few of us are but men wandering the world in search of a country to call home (where none exists). This book is incredible.

So as they say on Reading Rainbow "you don't have to take my word for it" ... be sure to buy either the softcover copy (which I did) or get the e-book version from Amazon.com. If you grew up during the whirlwind 1970s or 80s I know especially this book will connect with you in a very powerful way.

No comments:

Post a Comment